- This event has passed.
NVIDIA, IBM info session on new technology for HPC & life science research
January 24 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Michigan League Vandenberg Room
Join us for a special IBM High Performance Computing event with NVIDIA!
Dramatic shifts in the information technology industry offer new kinds of performance capabilities and throughput. Professionals in HPC, Deep Learning, Big Data Analytics and Life Sciences are cordially invited to learn more about industry trends & directions and IT solutions from NVIDIA and IBM.
- Brad Davidson – NVIDIA Senior Solutions Architect
- Janis Landry-Lane – IBM Worldwide Program Director for Genomic Medicine
- Jane Yu – IBM Worldwide Team Lead, Translational Medicine Solutions
Allow us to inform you on how we are partnering to build a scalable-technology infrastructure to support HPC and Genomic Medicine that can help dramatically improve outcomes worldwide. The requirements of HPC and Genomics applications are pushing the limits of current infrastructure capabilities. Through our OpenPower Foundation partnership, IBM and NVIDIA are delivering solutions to help meet those needs.
- 8:30 – Sign in
- 9:00 – Current Challenges in Genomics & Translational Medicine: Big Data Analytics
– Industry Example: Healthcare & Life Sciences or other relevant industries
- 9:30 – IBM Systems Reference Architecture to support Big Data Analytics
– Industry Example: Healthcare & Life Sciences and other relevant industries
- 10:00 – IBM POWER with CAPI FPGA
- 10:30 – NVIDIA GPU with NV-Link
- 11:00 – IBM Spectrum Storage – Spectrum Scale & Hybrid Cloud
- 11:30 – IBM Software Defined Infrastructure – Spectrum LSF; Spectrum Conductor
- 12:00 – Lunch
Registration is mandatory to attend. Seating is limited. Please RSVP as soon as possible.
Lunch will be provided.