To accommodate equipment repairs, and upgrades to software, hardware, and operating systems, Flux, Armis, ConFlux, Flux Hadoop, and their storage systems (/home and /scratch) will be unavailable starting at 6 a.m. Saturday, July 29, returning to service on Wednesday, August 2.
During this time, the following updates are planned:
- Annual power maintenance at the Modular Data Center. All systems will be powered off. (Flux/Armis/Flux Hadoop)
- Campus network hardware and software updates (Flux/Armis/Flux Hadoop)
- InfiniBand networking updates (firmware and software) (Flux/Armis/ConFlux)
- Operating system and software updates (All clusters).
- Resource manager and job scheduling software updates (Flux/Armis).
- Migrate NFS volumes, including /home, from Value Storage to Turbo (Flux)
- Update hardware and software of the Lustre file systems that provide /scratch (Flux)
For Flux HPC jobs, you can use the command “maxwalltime” to discover the amount of time remaining until the beginning of the maintenance. Jobs requesting more walltime than remains before the maintenance will be queued and started after the maintenance is completed.
All Flux, Armis, ConFlux, and Flux Hadoop filesystems will be unavailable during the maintenance. We encourage you to copy any data that might be needed during that time from Flux prior to the start of the maintenance.
We will post status updates on our Twitter feed ( https://twitter.com/arcts_um ) throughout the course of the maintenance and send an email to all HPC and Hadoop users when the maintenance has been completed.