Advanced Research Computing — Technology Services, a division of ITS, provides access to and support for advanced computing resources. ARC-TS facilitates new and more powerful approaches to research challenges in fields ranging from physics to linguistics, and from engineering to medicine.
Here are the top 5 research technologies you need for a successful academic year:
- Get connected with the ITS Remote Resource Guide for specific information for researchers.
- High-performance computing (HPC) including the Great Lakes HPC Cluster that is suitable for most use cases, and the Armis2 HPC Cluster that is appropriate for sensitive data including PHI/HIPAA.
- ARC-TS and ITS have long- and short-term storage options to support researchers. The ITS Data Storage Finder will help you find storage solutions to meet your needs.
- U-M Dropbox is available with 5TB of storage for individual accounts for all active faculty, staff, students, emeritus faculty, and sponsored affiliates at the Ann Arbor, Dearborn, Flint, and Michigan Medicine campuses.
- eResearch is the University of Michigan’s site for electronic research administration, including Regulatory Management for IRB and IBC review and approval, eRAM for animal research, Proposal Management for grant proposal organization, and M-Inform for disclosing and managing outside conflicts of interest.
ARC-TS partners with Consulting for Statistics, Computing and Analytics Research (CSCAR) for training. CSCAR provides individualized support and training to researchers in a variety of areas relating to the management, collection, and analysis of data. CSCAR also supports the use of technical software and advanced computing in research.
Find us on Twitter for updates.
How can we help you?
Contact the ARC-TS Help Desk, email@example.com.