The standard features of Globus include:
- Transfers faster than SCP/SFTP (usually by a factor of two)
- Automatic restarts or continuation when transfers are disrupted
- Background transfers so users need not remain logged in to a system
- Transfers of large files between your laptop/desktop and servers via Global Connect Personal
U-M’s Globus Provider status adds the following features:
- Sharing of server directories/folders with non-U-M collaborators who are also Globus users (for transfer/copy purposes, not shared use of server)
- Sharing of directories/folders from laptops/desktops via Globus Connect Personal clients and a Globus Plus account upgrade.
For more information, visit the Globus website.