To accommodate updates to software, hardware, and operating systems, Flux, Armis, ConFlux, Flux Hadoop, and their storage systems (/home and /scratch) will be unavailable starting at 9 a.m. Sunday, August 5th and returning to service on Thursday, August 9th. These updates will improve the performance and stability of ARC-TS services. We try to encapsulate the required changes into two maintenance periods per year and work to complete these tasks quickly, as we understand the impact of the maintenance on your research.
During this time, the following maintenance tasks are planned:
- Operating system, compiler, and software updates (All clusters).
- InfiniBand networking updates (firmware and software) (Flux/Armis/ConFlux)
- Resource manager and job scheduling software updates (All clusters).
- Lmod default software version changes (Flux/Armis/ConFlux)
- Upgrade HPC systems to CUDA 9.X (Flux/Armis/ConFlux)
- Update software of the Lustre file systems that provide /scratch (Flux)
- Update Elastic Storage Server (ConFlux)
- Enable 32-bit file IDs on home and software volumes (Flux/Armis)
- /home directories are now mounted on-demand for each user, rather than pre-mounted, for performance and potential configuration changes
- Network switch maintenance (Turbo)
For Flux and Armis HPC jobs, you can use the command “maxwalltime” to discover the amount of time remaining until the beginning of the maintenance. Jobs requesting more walltime than remains before the maintenance will be queued and started after the maintenance is completed.
All Flux, Armis, ConFlux, and Flux Hadoop filesystems will be unavailable during the maintenance. We encourage you to copy any data that might be needed during that time from Flux prior to the start of the maintenance.
Turbo storage will be unavailable starting at 6 a.m Monday, August 6th and will return to service at noon.
We will post status updates on our Twitter feed ( https://twitter.com/arcts_um ) throughout the course of the maintenance and send an email to all HPC and Hadoop users when the maintenance has been completed. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.