Flux, Beta, Armis, Cavium, and ConFlux, and their storage systems (/home and /scratch) are back online after three days of maintenance. The updates that have been completed will improve the performance and stability of ARC-TS services.
The following maintenance tasks were done:
- Preventative maintenance at the Modular Data Center (MDC) which requires a full power outage
- InfiniBand networking updates (firmware and software)
- Ethernet networking updates (datacenter distribution layer switches)
- Operating system and software updates
- Migration of Turbo networking to new switches (affects /home and /sw)
- Perform consistency checks on the Lustre file systems that provide /scratch
- Update firmware and software of the GPFS file systems (ConFlux, starting 9 a.m., Monday, Jan. 7)
- Perform consistency checks on the GPFS file systems that provide /gpfs (ConFlux, starting 9 a.m., Monday, Jan. 7)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.